He is Risen! – Pekka Perho
Greatest comeback ever. He is Risen – He is Risen indeed!
Pastor Pekka shares some historic April fools jokes as he speaks about the events surrounding Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Easter Sunday 2013 message.
Scripture: John 20:19-31.
For discussion and prayer, following listening to the sermon:
1. Listen to John 20:19-31 being read aloud while imagining being one of the disciples. Describe the experience.
2. Who do you think that the Pharisees thought Jesus was? Who did they think John the Baptist was? How do we also blindly go about preserving the comforts of our lives without considering who Jesus really is?
3. In what ways do we also follow the crowds, rather than the convictions of our hearts?
4. Why is it important that Jesus died – that is, that he wasn’t simply in a coma?
5. Jesus says, “Peace be with you!” What peace does Jesus speak over your life today?
6. Why is the resurrection so important?
7. Does faith need evidence? If so, why? If not, what impact does evidence have on faith? What evidence do you have for your faith?
8. Faith is built on a personal experience of the Holy Spirit and reliable testimony. Why are both necessary? How do we grow in each of these?