iWorship pt.1 | Despite the Circumstances | Pekka Perho
In the first part of iWorship pastor Pekka shares from the life experience of Apostle Paul on the importance of worshipping in spite of our circumstances.
Scripture: Acts 16:22-31
For discussion and prayer, following listening to the sermon:
1. What is worship? How is worshiping on your own the same as worshiping at church? How is it different?
2. John 4:23 says that true worshipers will worship in spirit and in truth. What does this mean?
3. How do you express your passion for things you enjoy? How do you express your passion in worship?
4. Acts 16:12-40 tells of Paul and Silas being beaten and thrown in jail for exorcising a demon. How do you think they were able to worship God in jail?
5. Sometimes zooming out helps us regain focus. What is a difficult life circumstance that you have right now? How might you zoom out to be able to worship God in the midst of it?
6. Why is complaining wrong? What else can we do with frustrating, unjust or evil circumstances?
7. Worship opens the way for the supernatural. What was the result of God’s supernatural power in Acts 16? Does this get you excited about having God’s supernatural power at work around you? Why or why not?
8. When Paul and Silas worshipped, the chains fell off everyone present. How might this happen at church?