The Pride Test
If God is for us, nothing can be against us*. Would you like to have God on your side? Seeking to eliminate pride can be a good start. We know that God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble**. If you are willing to reveal the ugly head of pride that may be lurking in your heart, honestly answer the questions below:
1. Are your feelings easily hurt?
2. Is it difficult for you to admit mistakes?
3. When someone corrects your mistakes, do you get annoyed?
4. Do you find it hard to compromise? Is it your way or no way?
5. Are you often stressed?
6. At work, are you constantly concerned with what others think about your performance?
7. Do you think you are usually right and others are usually wrong?
8. If someone has hurt you in the past, do you still hold it against him or her?
9. Are you quicker to give criticisms than compliments?
10. Do you often interrupt others in order to speak your mind on the issue?
11. Are you quick to judge other people on first appearance?
12. Does it irritate you when people disagree with you?
13. Do you feel offended if you are not given credit for something you have done?
14. Do you often compare yourself with others?
15. Do you see yourself as having eliminated most of the sin in your life or as having very little sin?
* Romans 8:31
** James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5
Questions edited from several sources.