Worship From a Pure heart
In a previous blog I was talking about the heart, not the outward things, being at the center of our worship. God is wanting us to have pure hearts. Psalm 24:3-5 says,
3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Or who may stand in His holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the Lord,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Being one with a pure heart is key to worship. As worshippers, we must guard, protect, and cleanse our hearts. God knows all. He knows the hidden things. We need to purify our hearts- to be in a place of repenting every day. Let us purifying fire burn in you every day. And when the dirt is cleaned away, we must remember to fill our hearts with good things, otherwise there will be emptiness. One way or another the void will be filled.
How do we fill our hearts with good things?
- The Word of God. God has something from His word for us every day.
- The Holy Spirit. Continually be filled.
- Good books, magazines, etc.
- Creating the right atmosphere with right music.
- Use the internet for Kingdom purposes.
- Stay in the fellowship of the church.
- Live a life of prayer.
- Go to a conference (either in your home town or travel somewhere)
- Stay connected with the Christian community. Be accountable to others.
Our heart is the centerpiece for our lives. Everything else flows from there. Truth: People who are excellent in the Lord do things for the Lord in secret. He is looking for pure hearts above all else.